The Walmart CAP job group is among the task forces that help Walmart run successful operations within a busy web of retail activities. To achieve the smooth running of operations, Walmart associates are grouped into different jobs to staff various departments with trained individuals.
As such, individuals interested in working at the CAP department might ask, what is Walmart CAP 3? I was curious about the same thing, so I decided to research the job! Here’s what I discovered!
What Is CAP 3 Position At Walmart In 2022?
The Walmart CAP 3 position at Walmart refers to overnight associates responsible for the flow of merchandise from the warehouse to the sales floor as of 2022. The activities of Walmart CAP 3 associates are to unload merchandise from trucks, pull pallets to the floor, and assist in the processing of merchandise within the store.
If you want to gain more information on the meaning of Walmart CAP 3 associates, the duties and responsibilities, the pay, and much more, keep reading!
What Does CAP 3 Mean At Walmart?
Walmart CAP 3 associates are CAP associates who work the third shift from 10 pm to 7 am.
Ideally, CAP at Walmart refers to working in a department that facilitates the Customer Availability Process (CAP).
That said, the department ensures that merchandise is made available to the customer for purchase after it has undergone some in-house processes since the time of delivery by the supplier.
What Are The Duties And Responsibilities Of A Walmart CAP 3 Associate?
The primary duty of a Walmart CAP 3 associate is to ensure that merchandise is offloaded from trucks in the backroom, separated, signed, and stocked in individual sales.
To achieve this, the Walmart CAP 3 associates have to complete the following duties and responsibilities:
- Assisting in the preparation of sales floor during the third shift for store opening
- Assist in labeling the sales floor for store opening
- Setting up merchandise and signing features
- Assist in the unloading of merchandise from the delivery trucks
- Ensure that merchandise is labeled and placed in backroom bins or stocked
- Assist in overnight processing by pulling pallets of merchandise to and from the sales floor
- Assisting in the stocking of sales floors and providing customer service whenever needed
- Work with other teammates to ensure that the work environment is safe, clean, and free from hazards (completing safety sweep logs and ensuring that fixtures and displays are secure)
What Is Cap 3 Stocking At Walmart?
CAP 3 stocking at Walmart refers to stocking activities during the overnight shift.
With that, the activities range from offloading merchandise from trucks to separating them and displaying them on the shelves.
How Much Does A Cap 3 Employee At Walmart Earn?
A Walmart CAP 3 associate is estimated to make around $11.76 per hour. However, the pay could be slightly higher or lower than the $ 11.76 depending on your state and Walmart store.
What Are The Duties And Responsibilities Of A Walmart Cap 3 Supervisor?
The main task of the Walmart CAP 3 supervisor or manager is to assist in the leadership of Walmart overnight associates and ensure that all department processes are operational and functional.
Also, Walmart CAP 3 associates ensure that the team maintains a high level of customer service while meeting daily production targets.
Moreover, the other duties and responsibilities of the Walmart CAP 3 supervisor include the following:
- Provide direction and coordinate tasks within the overnight stocking department
- Assess the appearance of the store and the overall presentation of merchandise
- Note any deficiencies and facilitate corrective actions to correct deficiencies
- Ensure that the shelves are well-stocked and labeled
- Ensure that all defective merchandise within the store is taken to the claims room
- Ensure that the store is safe and secure by managing any overnight accidents
- Inspect the stores to ensure that physical facilities and security exits are in compliance
- Recommend and participate in training activities of the CAP 3 associates to maximize productivity
How Much Does A Walmart CAP 3 Supervisor Make?
According to Glassdoor, a Walmart CAP 3 supervisor earns an approximate salary of $16 per hour. However, the rates could be slightly higher or lower than the $ 16 per hour rate.
Does Walmart Drug Test CAP 3 Employees?
No, Walmart does not drug test CAP 3 associates but usually ensures a background check on all CAP 3 employees.
According to the company policy, only associates in certain departments such as the Pharmacy department are subjected to drug tests.
Is The Walmart CAP 3 Job Hard?
The Walmart CAP 3 job classification is not necessarily hard.
However, the job requires working in fast environments and being keen on details to ensure that Walmart’s inventory is up to date.
In conclusion, the Walmart CAP 3 job group is a team of associates who ensure that merchandise is correctly labeled and stocked before the store opening.
Additionally, the Walmart CAP 3 associates work overnight to ensure that Walmart inventory is updated and merchandise is arranged neatly on the shelves.